Saturday, May 27, 2017

Final Hands2Help post for 2017

It seems like Hands2Help just got started a week or two ago, but it's already drawing to a close for this year.  I posted my first quilt for the project here - and, as hoped, I managed to finish a second quilt for Project Linus.  I even have a third quilt almost finished!  I'll be dropping these quilts off to our local drop-off next week Tuesday.
This quilt used 2 charm packs from a line of fabric that was promoted as valentine-themed, but I think they work really well for a child's quilt too.  I'd been wanting to try this pattern out for a while, and I love how it turned out!
So, here it is!
My friend Cathy talked me into trying striped fabrics for bindings, and I found this great one in my stash yesterday.  The green stripe in it is the only colour that doesn't appear in either the quilt or the backing fabrics, but green is a sign of new life and new beginnings, so we'll pretend that it's symbolic!
Here's a close-up of the backing and binding:


And finally, the quilt that is oh SO close to being finished.  Another 20 - 30 minutes should do it...


Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict's "Can I get a Whoop Whoop?"  and Kat's Sew Some Love posts.

1 comment: