Monday, May 1, 2017

Design Wall Monday May 1st

If you saw my design wall post last week, you saw my newest project.  I'd found a quilt kit on Pinterest - and, while I liked the project, a kit only made a 24"x32" quilt - much too small for anything I could donate for Hands2Help.  So, I figured out how to make the blocks, pulled fabrics, and started putting the top together.

I'm happy to report that I finished the top on Saturday!  That makes 2 tops finished in April - the other one was my Quilt UFO project for April.  Now that warmer weather has finally (maybe?) arrived, hubby can get my quilting tables set up again in our enclosed sun porch, and I can get these tops quilted up.
Of course, that means that my design wall needs something new on it!  Judy chose the May UFO project number, 11, which corresponds to my black and white disappearing 9-patch.  It's based on a quilt that Kat chose for a block drive for Covered in Love last year.  I thought that the block would look great using a number of Kona cottons for the center spot in the 9-patch, and I think it looks pretty good so far!  Of course, these blocks are just stuck up on the wall so far - nothing is sewn, and I've already moved a few blocks around since they went up - but have a look:
These are about half of the blocks - can't wait to see it sewn up!
Linking up to Patchwork Times Design Wall, Quilting is more fun than Housework's Oh Scrap! and Lorna's Let's Bee Social posts.


1 comment:

  1. You are on a roll! I really like that disappearing nine quilt you started. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete