Friday, March 24, 2017

On the Needles this week, and some other goodies!

Here it is - Friday again...!    Both DH and I have a parent that has dealt with some serious health issues in the past 2 weeks, and the days seem to have just blurred into one another.  Of course that means that not a lot has happened in the crafting department.  I can't remember when I last sat at the sewing machine, but I have managed to get some knitting done (you can get a lot of "mindless" knitting done in hospital waiting rooms!).
You'll probably remember my sweater project from 2 weeks ago - I've managed to finish the second sleeve, and the body up to the yoke section; I've joined in the sleeves, and am now starting the yoke fair-isle patterning.  The pattern is Tenderheart from Tin Can Knits - they collaborated with 7 other knitwear designers to produce 8 different sweaters using the same standard body and sleeves - but with the twist of having each designer create a unique yoke.  Right now, there's a Knit-Along going on - we have until April 18th to finish our project, and there are some pretty sweet prizes!
Here's my progress so far:
You can see the picture of the completed sweater design on the pattern page.  I'm making the 2-4 year-old size - hopefully, the little guy receiving it will get a lot of use out of it!
I did have about an hour to make a few cards one evening.  Two friends were celebrating birthdays; we also had a few deaths in our church family...

These cards have gone out to the folks that needed them, and I ended up with a few extra birthday cards so I'd have some on hand.
Hopefully, the next few weeks will be a little more settled than the past ones have been -  I need to get going on a few quilting projects, and there's been another baby boy born, so I picked out another sweater pattern this afternoon.  I'm hoping that I can use some stashed yarn for it.
And finally, in the middle of the chaos that we've had, we've had some fun too!  Meet some of
our newest "family members":


I'm linking up to Judy's On the Needles post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cinnamon color - will it stay that color or white out. Of course I love all lamb photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww. Aren't they the cutest. What unique colors each of them are. Do you shear their wool when they are adults?

    ReplyDelete