As I mentioned in my last post, I've stumbled across a really fun new project (Raspberry Kiss blocks), and I can't stop making blocks for it. Thankfully, I found directions for making 9" (unfinished) blocks, instead of the 5" (unfinished) blocks that most are making. I probably would have made the blocks anyway (I've made quite a few tiny quilts - those are large in comparison!), but these blocks will get me to my finish so much sooner. I picked up a few new low-volume FQs at my LQS last week, and I'm putting them to good use - as you can see:
This is not a final layout - I have a lot more blocks in varying stages of completion, but this shows my progress quite nicely.
Also on the Design Wall today are 2 more blocks for the Big Quilt Bee - these blocks will go to my guild meeting in 2 weeks, along with the other 4 that I've already made. We're planning a sewing day to assemble as many tops as we can; they'll then be quilted and sent off to benefit a child / family that needs the services of Ronald McDonald houses across the country. I managed to get the "150 years" portion of the fabric in one of the blocks. I'm debating going for another FQ with a different colour scheme - I've finally used up all of my aqua scraps.