Saturday, December 3, 2016

Time marches on...

Actually, most days, I think it's actually racing!
I have my November Quilty 365  blocks to share - I now have 335 blocks finished (and I believe that I haven't repeated a fabric in any of the blocks - not sure whether that's something to brag about!).  When I finish the 31 blocks for December, I will have completed a complete year - a block for every day!  Of course, I chose not to do the circles that many were doing - I probably would not have reached this point if that were the case.  These blocks finish at 6 1/2", and I think they will make at least 2 quilts, and possibly 3.  They will be donated to a charity that provides warm blankets to 3rd world communities, and all sizes are needed, so I'll have to see how large the quilts end up being once the blocks are assembled.
Here are the 30 for this month:

Of particular note is this one - my teardrops - tears of joy, shed as we celebrated the birth of our second grandson on Nov. 17th.  We were thrilled to be able to stay with his older brother while mom (and dad) stayed in the hospital for 2 days - of course, that meant 2 days with no sewing machine...
Thankfully, all is well with mom and baby, and big brother is adjusting to his role quite well (he's almost 2).


Finally, my test quilt for Cathy is SO close to being finished!  I goofed up some of the instructions, and had to buy more fabric, which ended up costing me 3 days, but I'm almost ready to put the whole top together, and take pictures.  Cathy has been VERY patient with me, and I really need to get this done - there are a few Christmas gifts to sew and knit yet, and I need the time to work on them too.  I hope to have a finish for you by Wed. or Thurs.!
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm going to link up to Quilty Folk .


4 comments:

  1. I’m just in the process of quilting mine so that I can get pictures of it for the pattern. So there is still time for you to finish yours. I’m not anticipating releasing it until the New Year. Thanks so much for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost finished! Amazing to see all the different results.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you will be donating your Quilty 365 project quilts to charity. They will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete