Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What happened to that August project?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...!  I bit off far too much - I was sure that I would be able to manage my lofty goal, but that was before I promised to help out a friend, delivering his newspaper route for him while he took some holidays.  I then also accepted another route, which took up another week.  It's done wonders for my bank account, but didn't leave me much time for quilting projects!
I did manage to get the top of my (large) quilt done - just didn't get the quilting and binding done.  Maybe next month?  I have a lot of smaller projects to do this month, between quilting, and knitting and even some sewing.  It's also "fair" month - and I'm entering projects in 2 local fairs, and I'll be judging at a third one.
I'll post my next project in another post - and leave this one primarily for showing my completed quilt top.  Here's the picture:
I really like the "zig-zag" look of this quilt!  I've made a "Scrappy Mountain Majesties" quilt before (in my pre-blogging days), but used a different setting for it.  I think I prefer this one!  (If I can find a picture of the other one, I'll share it here).
Finally, I've got quite a few blocks left over, so I may just end up making another SMM quilt - I'm not sure if I have enough to make one this size again, but all sizes are needed by the organization that this one is going to, so it will be gratefully accepted.

.

3 comments: