Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The final "Lovely Year of Finishes" project!

December is here!  I still think that I missed a month or two this past year, but seeing that every past calendar page has activities that I recall recorded on it, I assume that every day has come and gone as it was meant to pass.  But I digress...
December brings an end to an extremely helpful (and needed!) prod to my backside - it would be much too easy to moan and wring my hands, wondering how and when I'd ever have time to finish any and all of the projects I'd started with such vigor, only to lose steam, and then be overcome by excitement when a new quilt magazine arrived in my mailbox, or a "Pin"ned quilt bumped everything else on my sewing list to the bottom of the pile.  If it wasn't for Melissa and Shanna, my sewing table would be impossible to find, and I'd be avoiding my sewing room altogether.  Instead, in the past year, I've completed 8 projects, and made appreciable progress on at least 6 or 7 more.  (We won't talk about the new ones I started - and then abandoned just as quickly when more important deadlines loomed).
So, what have I chosen for my final project?  It was a toss-up - I've got at least 8 or 10 partly-finished projects, ranging from a tea cosy to a queen-sized quilt, but I'm going to ignore all of them right now, and instead work on a quilt that I started at a quilt class with my daughter.  I worked on my quilt industrially for the 2 hours of the class, and haven't touched it since.  My daughter has only the binding left to do on her finished quilt, AND she works full-time!  To make it a bit worse, I believe that the quilt shop where we took the class has since closed up.... SO, definitely time to finish this baby!  (I've also just signed up for a New Year's Day mystery quilt - and I didn't need another half-done quilt littering my sewing table!)
So, I present to you, my "Crooked Furrows" quilt:
I'm not 100% sure that this is the correct layout - the books that were supposed to come with the class never arrived, and I'm working from a black and white printout, so, before I go too much farther, I'll have to verify that I'm going in the right direction.  I'll let you know soon if I've messed up the pattern!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have enough UFO's left to continue into next year. If that blog continues this next year, that's probably the one I'll join. We can cheer each other on.

    ReplyDelete