Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Slipping in a card!

I'll be posting my next quilting project for the "Lovely Year of Finishes" tomorrow, but I did want to post this card before I get into all that quilting stuff.
I recently got an order from Stampin' Up - every year they have an event that they call Sale-a-bration, and you can get free stuff if your order exceeds a certain amount.  Mine did, and I got a package of Designer Paper - and when I get new "stuff", I just have to try it out!
I've already posted 1 card that I made with that paper, but it's kind of bold and "in your face", which really isn't my thing.  I saw this card idea on Pinterest (where else?  LOL), and loved how soft and gentle it looked; I didn't get it exactly like the original, but that makes it MY card - and here it is:
I didn't have the same colour for the ribbon, but it's close enough for me.  I have a few friends that are facing difficult days, and I needed a card to say Hello, and to let them know that they are in my thoughts and prayers.  Now that I've posted the card, I can send it out - I hope that my friends are encouraged by it!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the softness of the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so pretty! Butterflies for spring, with a few baptist fans thrown in to satisfy the quilter in you.

    ReplyDelete