Friday, March 15, 2013

I promised you some cards...

I have to quickly share a few cards - tomorrow is National Quilting Day, and there are bound to be some quilt-themed projects occupying this space, so I thought I'd better get the cards posted while I have the chance.
I went to a card-making workshop with a friend a few weeks ago - I definitely needed a card-making "kick in the butt", and the workshop helped me in that department!  We made 4 cards, but one has already been sent out, and another one is for someone special (and they read my blog), so it has to stay under wraps for the time being.
The first one used a stamp set that is available for a very limited time - and I chose this image because I think it resembles a Tardis, and a few of my kids are Dr. Who fans.  The second card is a little more traditional - and it's fairly simple, but at the same time has a lot going on.  The card front is embossed; then 2 panels are punched with border punches.  The small ovals are added on top of the larger ones, and then the stamped butterflies are cut out.  The butterflies are stamped in one of the 3 colours already used on the card; then 3 smaller flowers are punched out and added to a butterfly of a different colour.  I didn't put a sentiment on it - that makes it easier to use for a variety of occasions.

Now that the cards are posted, I can get ready for my NQD project - check back later to see what I made!

1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely, and look like they'd be a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete