Monday, January 14, 2013

Placemats!

Our quilt guild meets the 2nd Monday night of the month, so that would make today quilt guild night.  At our last meeting, we were asked to make placemats for our local Meals on Wheels, so they could hand them out to their clients with their Valentine's Day meals.  I managed to make 4 - 2 before the meeting, and finished the other 2 after I came home.  Of course, I forgot to take pics of the first 2, but they were the same (only different) as the 2 pictured here.  I used a "Reunion" charm pack and my Twister tool to make them (first time using the Twister tool)....  I think that 5 charms for one placemat were too many - they were a little wide - so, the next time I make new ones, I'll only use 3 or 4.  I found a red print for the upper and lower borders, and a red-on-cream for the backing and binding.  Of course you want to see them, so here they are:
I just might put up a card or two for my next post - just to keep you on your toes!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I'm sure they will brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those!...they make me smile! They're kind of whimsical! Sure to make the recipient smile too!

    ReplyDelete