Thursday, January 5, 2012

After Christmas Sew Along

Here we are, 5 days into January, and already I can't believe how quickly life is flying by! (The years are too! 28 years ago today, I gave birth to my first-born - and life has never been the same!)
Monday Jan. 2nd was the first day of the After Christmas Sew Along - and I did manage to get some sewing done - just haven't had time to blog about it....
Before Christmas, I participated in an ornament swap with some ladies from a quilt forum that I'm part of - I knit 7 pairs of teeny mittens, and I decided to add a mug-rug to each set as well. I had just bought a Dresden Plate ruler, and I was very excited about the design possibilities - including using the wedges side-by-side in a straight line - that became the base for my mug-rugs. Well, I got so excited with each bit of Christmas-sy fabric that I found; I ended up cutting "just a few" wedges from each fabric. I think I could do a DP quilt with all the wedges that I cut! Making 6 mug-rugs didn't even put a dent in my pile, so making a few more was first on the list to do; I also had cut parts for some Christmas pot-holders, so I thought I'd stick to the theme and make them up as well.
I finally got the little bit of needed handwork on them done this morning, so I finally have the pics to show for my ACSA post:
I decided to share a pic of the mitten ornaments too.

No comments:

Post a Comment