Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day Sew-In

I've had a very hectic month - trying to finish up some special quilts, making 3 different sets of Christmas cards, and being available to help out wherever my parents needed me. Now, the cards are mostly sent out, the quilts have been finished and given to their recipients, mom and dad are going to have a quiet few days and I even managed to do a bit of Christmas baking to share with our neighbours!
So, now it's the day after Christmas, and all of the pressure is off - but, if you know me well, you know that I can't just sit around with my hands in my lap. I was checking out the quilting blogs I read regularly, and noticed that Amy (A Quilting Sheep) had a notice on her blog about the Boxing Day Sew-In. I wasn't sure if I was ready to get behind the sewing machine just yet, but when I looked at my UFO pile, I knew I had to sign up.
One of the quilts I really want to finish up is Raven Stars. I started it as a quilt-along, and fully intended to finish it a long time ago, but life just seemed to get in the way.
So, this is where I was with it this morning:
Check back later to see how much I've accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment