Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In

Sometimes these monthly Sew-ins sneak up on me - sometimes I know that it's coming, and yet, when it's actually Friday evening, I have nothing planned.....
I have SO many quilt projects on the go right now, plus 3 formal dresses that I need to have finished for May 2nd - so, lots of sewing to do - I just have to pick one, right? So, I totally ignored all the things that need to be done now, if not sooner, and I started a new project! I saw a few pictures a few weeks ago, for a quilt called Split Decision - it looks like so much fun, and basically needs a jelly roll (a package of fabric strips, all cut 2 1/2" wide, by the width of the fabric) - and a ruler and cutting tool. I just happened to have 3 jelly rolls, so after Eeny, meeny, miny, moe - I chose the Lily and Will set of fabrics and started cutting the appropriate lengths. Then, it's just a matter of sewing the bits together, and pressing the seams - and voila! a whole lot of blocks for a great quilt!
I haven't had a chance to put any of the blocks together, and some of the blocks haven't even been made, but I have a great start on what's going to be a beautifully soft quilt. Here's the proof....
I'm going to leave the parts out - that way, if I have a few minutes while supper is cooking, or while I've got a few minutes before I have to leave for a meeting, I can sew a few parts together, and next thing you know - I'll have a top! Keep your eyes peeled!

3 comments:

  1. its looking good Janette well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. From quilts to cards and back again! Is there ever a moment when your mind and hands are not still? Love the new blocks...they will make a beautiful quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lily and Will...I need a jelly roll pattern. I'll check the one out you are using. Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete