Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This is a first for me!


I've been making cards for a few years now, and I'm finally getting a sense of what's really "me". I've tried a lot of different techniques - some became favourites, some didn't - and then there was the list of "things to try someday". One of the things on that last list was watercolouring images. I've been quite content to stamp images and leave them as they are (whether stamped in one colour, or stamped using markers to get multi-coloured images), but watercolouring images has always been shoved to the back-burner. Then a friend gave me a sheet of watercolour paper (the trick to get good effects), and, coupled with the right images and the need to create a male-themed birthday card, voila! my first watercoloured card! I used the pick-up truck from SU's "Countryside" stamp set, and using a small paintbrush and a bit of water, picked up some colour from a few of my SU ink pads. The sky was sponged to resemble clouds. A length of ribbon, a sentiment from CTMH, Ruby Red and Black C/S mounted on Very Vanilla, and I have a "male" birthday card!
Stay tuned to this spot - I'll be posting a few other things in the next few days...

2 comments:

  1. Jannette, this is beautiful! Wow, you do a such a good job and you say this is your first time watercolouring? It took me forever to learn that....must be the perfect paper you are using,LOL!!
    I got a whole new pack so we are good to go, have fun colouring, it's relaxing and it keeps you (or me) out of trouble, take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'd say for a first-timer you've got it girl!! Beautiful card...I love the stamp! Watch out for Anja...next she'll have you hooked on prisma pencils and gamsol...that is lots of fun too! (I have used hers a couple of times, but I am tempted to get my own!)
    Can't wait to see what else you have to show us!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete