Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Quilt - finally!


Waaayyyy back in early April, I mentioned a baby quilt that I was working on. I finally got it quilted and bound, just in time to enter in the Melbourne Fair (100th anniversary!). I'm so thankful to have received a first prize ribbon, but don't get too excited just yet - it might have been the only pieced crib quilt entered.....
Anyway, you want to see it, right? Every square measures 2" - a fact that I'll check out more carefully next time, before starting to cut the fabric!
I bought all the fabric on the same shopping trip, but I bought the kite backing fabric first, just 'cause it was cute. I found all the pastels in the next store, and discovered that they pretty much matched the colours in the kite fabric, so it was obviously meant to be!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first prize win!! What a beautiful baby quilt, love the soft colours and that kite fabric was definitely a must have! Thanks for sharing, I love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete