Saturday, April 3, 2010

This is what I did last week...


I have so many quilting projects that I NEED to work on, so you'd think that going to the quilt shop would be helpful, right? Well, actually, no, it isn't! The quilt shop was having a sale, and they had some really cute kid-friendly fabrics in 4 different colours! It just so happened that earlier that day, my cousin called, and mentioned that her daughter is expecting a baby in a few weeks, which of course means that I need to make a baby quilt (you see, I have nothing better to do with my time...)
I have a fun quilt pattern that I use when I need a quick, cute quilt, and one of the sale fabrics had just a bit left - EXACTLY the amount I needed for this quilt (I think it was a sign!) So, I bought it, and then a few hours later, bought some more, and in two days, I had this quilt fabric washed, ironed, cut and the entire quilt assembled! Now it just needs to be quilted. It ended up being too big for a crib quilt, so the fabric I bought later is in the process of being made into a lovely baby quilt, and this will be a bigger, kids quilt for the local women's shelter.
The baby/crib quilt that I'm still working on, is made up of lots of tiny parts, so you'll have to wait for pictures of it - sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jannette, you are so talented!!
    I sit here and I am thinking how does she do it?
    Beautiful!
    Happy Easter, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt, Jannette!! Lovely spring colours! Sounds like you always have a project on the go. Can't wait to see the finished crib quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete