Monday, November 30, 2009

It's not a card or quilt!


I went to a Christmas card-making workshop last weekend, and one of my favourite projects from that day is this:
It's a pillar candle, to which we added the rose swirls, using tissue paper, and then very carefully "warmed" the candle so that the paper bonded to the candle. The candle sits on a small glass candle dish, and then on a base, which we also made that day - it's a large can of beans, covered with a section of crimped cardstock, and a strip of designer paper and a ribbon and Voila! - a beautiful gift!
I have a few more projects from that day to share, but I'll have to leave them for another day.....

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty Jannette! I love the attached gift card as well! Can of beans, hey? Who'da thought! Thanks for sharing. Praying you have a good day. Joyce

    ReplyDelete